Non-resident fellows contribute to the Centre’s mission of deepening Australia’s understanding of the United States through the development of research, analysis and policy advisement in coordination with the Centre’s core team of researchers.
The Centre is particularly interested in experts with expertise in the field of:
Scope of fellowship
A typical scope of the fellowship includes:
- Advise the Centre on developments regarding your area of focus and offer an assessment of recent developments
- Support the CEO and research directors with the strategic direction of the Centre’s research and advocacy initiatives (e.g. securing relevant appointments as part of research and advocacy initiatives)
- Contribute analysis articles (op-eds and/or “longer-form” essays and commentary), badged with your Centre affiliation; timing and content to be agreed by you and your supervisor
- Conduct media interviews, speak on panels or publish pieces in other news outlets, as agreed between yourself and your supervisor
- Inform the Centre’s media team when you have media appearances scheduled or op-eds/commentary due to be published, so as to help the Centre promote and track this output.
The Centre may offer a stipend, research support, and connect fellows with its research, editorial, and design teams for work produced during the fellowship program. The stipend is commensurate with experience. Fellows are generally mid-to-late career professionals with demonstrated expertise and commitment to the Centre’s mission and principle.