Week-by-week, students will be asked to examine defining moments in US cultural history and look at its impact on the American psyche. Blending written texts with works of visual art and elements of high and ‘low’ culture, the unit explores conflict and innovation in US culture.
This unit of study is not available in 2019
Hannah Blyth undertook a number of USSC units. "I found the quality of academic teaching and course subject matter so engaging."
60% weekly reflective journal (4000 words)
30% research paper (2000 words)
10% seminar participation
Courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in International Studies
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations
- Graduate Diploma in International Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Public Policy
- Master of International Relations
- Master of International Security
- Master of International Studies
- Master of Media Practice
- Master of Public Policy
- Master of Publishing
- Master of Strategic Public Relations
Visit the University of Sydney website for information about fees, cross-institutional and non-award study, and more.