This prestigious new scholarship for international students will support the completion of the Master of US Studies at the United States Studies Centre.
About the scholarship
The scholarship will be offered to students who not only display academic merit, but also leadership and initiative in their fields of study and/or work. In addition to the bursary, successful applicants will be honoured at an annual award ceremony hosted by our Chief Executive Officer and Academic Director.
Successful applicants will receive the following:
- $2500 bursary per semester for the duration of their degree (four semesters)
- Award ceremony held in honour of scholarship recipients
- Students will meet foreign dignitaries and are expected to prepare a five-minute speech on a relevant topic
- Networking sessions with industry leaders in the recipient’s field of expertise
- Assignment of an academic ‘mentor’
- VIP attendance to all USSC events.
To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- Have submitted an application for, or already enrolled in, the Master of US Studies at the University of Sydney to commence studies in Semester 1 or 2, 2017
- Have applied as an international student
- Students must complete the full 96 credit point degree (two years fulltime), with a minimum of 60 credit points in USSC coded units.
Applications for Semester 1 have now closed. Applications for Semester 2 will be open 15 March – 15 June 2017.
To apply for the International Leaders Scholarship, please submit the following information:
- Academic transcript for previous study
- Statement of intent (200 words)
- A 300-450 word response to the following questions:
-What do you consider the most important aspects of leadership? Describe a time in your life that you feel you have displayed these leadership qualities.
-What do you see as the most important international relations/global business issue facing the United States and/or Australia and why?
Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.