To be eligible for the program, you must:
- be enrolled in a University of Sydney or UNSW undergraduate degree or be enrolled at the University of Western Australia in the Bachelor of Arts, Commerce or Science programs (undergraduates only).
- have completed (or will complete by the end of Semester 1, 2019) at least 48 credit points of study
- have a minimum credit (65%) average
- demonstrate your potential to be an outstanding ambassador of your home university and the United States Studies Centre as evidenced by your personal and academic attributes.
"I had high expectations of the Los Angeles program but they were far exceeded. Escaping the Sydney winter for an LA summer was a no-brainer but I saw so much of the country and made an amazing new group of friends." Meena Mariadassou (pictured left)
The following will be considered desirable:
- cultural awareness and understanding, as well as specific interest in the United States
- prior completion of US Studies Centre undergraduate units (for University of Sydney students)
- elective credit points left in your degree.
Please note: the program is open to international students; however students should be aware that it may be difficult to acquire a visa to the US depending on their Country of Citizenship. International students should refer to the U.S. Embassy for more information before applying.
International Students will also need to meet UCLA’s minimum English language requirements of one of the following:
- IELTS minimum score of 6.5
- iTEP minimum score of 5
- CAE/CPE - Level C1 Grades A, B, and C
- TOEFL minimum score of 550 for the paper-based test, 213 for the computer-based test, 79 for the internet-based test
Students can use the IELTS or TOEFL results that they used to gain admission to the University of Sydney or University of Western Australia, and do not need to re-sit the test for admission into this program.
International students educated in English or who are residents of a country in which English is one of the primary languages, are exempt from meeting the English language requirements.