The costs of the LA Field School is a combination of two separate fees: the program package fee and additional costs.
Note: the program package fee is quoted in US dollars, as the majority of the costs covered under this fee are payable in US dollars. However, the final amount payable will be in Australian dollars and the exchange rate will be determined one week before the deadline for the final fee payment.
1) Program package fees (includes accommodation): US$5900
- Accommodation for 14 nights
- Some meals
- Health and travel insurances
- Administrative costs
- Scheduled ticketed activities
- Pre-departure seminars
- All bus and transfers to all scheduled activities.
2) Additional costs
- Visa application and lodgement costs for a B1/B2 visa or ESTA. Refer to the Embassy of the United States for details
- Return airfares and all ground transfers to Los Angeles
- All additional meals, entertainment costs and personal expenditure.
Payment of fees
The program package fee must be paid in Australian dollars and the exchange rate will be determined one week before the deadline for the final fee payment. Participants will be given information on how to submit their payment once accepted to the program.
- In the event that the LA Field School is cancelled, or if your visa application is denied students will receive 100% refund of program fees.
- Upon accepting their offer, all students must pay a deposit of AU$1500, which will only be refunded if the program is cancelled, or if your visa is denied.
- Students who withdraw from the LA Field School prior to close of business on 15 January 2018 will receive a full refund of any program fees paid, less the AU$1500 deposit.
- Students who withdraw from the LA Field School after close of business on 15 January 2018 will not receive a refund of any fees paid.
- Applications to withdraw from the LA Field School must be received in writing and lodged with the United States Studies Centre by the relevant date. The United States Studies Centre requests that students withdraw no later than 5 January 2018.