The following criteria are required for selection to the Washington DC Placement Program:
- Undergraduate students currently enrolled in the University of Sydney Business School, University of Sydney Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences or at the University of Western Australia (including combined degrees administered by the Business School or Factulty of Arts at Sydney or at UWA) with at least 48 credit points of study by the end of semester 2 2019 are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a minimum Credit (65%) average.
- Applicants must demonstrate a potential to be an outstanding ambassador of the University of Sydney, the University of Western Australia, the United States Studies Centre and the Perth USAsia Centre, evidenced by their personal and academic qualities.
- Cultural awareness and understanding, as well as a specific interest in the United States of America, are desirable.
- For University of Sydney applicants, prior completion of a US Studies Centre unit is highly regarded.
- Applicants must have a current passport and be eligible for a US visa. Your passport must be valid until September 2020. If it is not, please renew this ASAP.
Please note: the program is open to international students; however students should refer to the Embassy of the United States to clarify specific visa requirements before applying.