The cost of the Georgetown Program is a combination of two different costs. The program package fee and additional costs.
Note: the program package fee is quoted in US dollars, as the majority of the costs covered under this fee are payable in US dollars. However, the final amount payable will be in Australian dollars and the exchange rate will be determined one week before the deadline for the final fee payment.
1) Program package fees: US$5,500
- All Georgetown lectures, classes and extra curricular activites included in the program.
- Accommodation for 13 nights on Georgetown campus.
- 14 on campus meals per week.
- Metro train passes. These will be distributed on Sunday after check in.
- Health and travel insurance. Students must review and understand the University of Sydney policy and purchase additional insurance if needed. Further information can be found here. University of New South Wales students will also need to review the UNSW insurance policy and purchase additional insurance if needed.
- Administrative costs.
2) Additional costs
Students are responsible for the following costs:
- Visa application costs for an ESTA to the United States. If your country of origin is not a part of the ESTA program, you may be eligible for a B1/B2 visa. Please refer to the Embassy of the United States for details. The USSC will be on hand to deliver visa advice, but students will be responsible for obtaining the correct visa. For this trip, all students must be traveling on an ESTA or a B1/B2 visa.
- Return airfares to DC and airport transfers.
- Additional meals, entertainment costs, personal expenses and additional on the ground transport costs.
- Any additional health and travel insurance. Please note that students from the University of New South Wales will not be covered by their university health/travel insurance and will need to purchase their own.
We estimate that these extra costs for the DC Program are approximately A$3000 but will vary depending on personal circumstances.
Payment of fees
Program package fee
The program package fee must be paid in Australian dollars and the exchange rate will be determined one week before the deadline for the final fee payment. Participants will be given information on how to submit their payment once accepted to the program.
- In the event that the Georgetown Program is cancelled, or if your visa application is denied, students will receive 100% refund of program fees.
- Upon accepting their offer, all students must pay a further deposit of A$600, which will only be refunded if the program is cancelled, or if your visa is denied.
- Students who withdraw from the Georgetown Program prior to close of business on 17 May 2019 will receive a full refund of any program fees paid, less the A$1000 deposit.
- Students who withdraw from the Georgetown Program after close of business on 17 May 2019 will not receive a refund of any fees paid.
- Applications to withdraw from the Georgetown Program must be received in writing and lodged with the United States Studies Centre by the relevant date. The United States Studies Centre requests that students withdraw no later than 17 May 2019.